FUNDAMENTAL MEDIA SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT
The Fundamental Media Group of companies (“Fundamental”, “We”, “Our” “Us”) is committed to acting ethically, achieving the highest standards of quality, honesty, openness and accountability in all of Our business activities, including in the appointment of suppliers. We expect suppliers to operate in compliance with all applicable law and regulations and the values which underpin them. Therefore, and as a minimum, We require that suppliers:
- Treat those who work for them with dignity and respect, promoting a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, victimization and abuse;
Employ workers on a voluntary basis and do not use any bonded, forced or compulsory labour of any kind, or engage in any other forms of slavery, human trafficking, illegal or inhumane labour practices. Suppliers shall make appropriate checks to identify and mitigate any such issues in their supply chain and commit to reporting on the steps they have taken to address them;
- Do not use underage workers in any part of their operations ensuring that they comply with all applicable legal minimum working age requirements. Suppliers must comply with all other applicable employment laws including on working hours and minimum wage requirements;
- Employ workers on written terms, incorporating reasonable notice terms with no requirement to lodge deposits or payments of any kind. Suppliers shall check their workers right to work in the country where they operate in compliance with applicable immigration regulations;
- Respect workers’ rights of association and collective bargaining, subject to and in accordance with applicable law and maintain a route for workers to report any concerns about wrongdoing in the workplace free of any interference, harassment or otherwise;
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment in compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations. Suppliers shall obtain and maintain all required licences and permits and record and investigate any health and safety concerns, promptly implementing corrective action where required. In particular suppliers shall follow local and/or national government policies in response to any public health issue, including adopting social distancing measures and paying statutory sick pay to employees where applicable;
- Maintain environmentally responsible business practices which focus on sustainability and the reduction of waste. Suppliers shall obtain and maintain all required environmental permits and licenses;
- Carry out their business in an ethical manner in compliance with all applicable legislation and with respect to third party intellectual property rights, confidential information and data privacy. Suppliers shall take appropriate steps to adequately protect Fundamental’s intellectual property and confidential information and shall employ appropriate security in relation to any personal data they hold. Personal data shall only be transferred with appropriate safeguards in place.
- Comply with all legislation preventing bribery and corruption including the UK Bribery Act 2010 and the US Foreign and Corrupt Practices Act, ensuring that they do not engage in any form of corruption or bribery, including offering, giving, asking for or taking any form of bribe, kick-back or facilitation payment. Suppliers shall maintain appropriate Anti-Bribery policies and ensure their workers are adequately trained;
- Do not engage in collusive bidding, price fixing, price discrimination, or other unfair trade practices in violation of fair competition laws or antitrust laws that govern the jurisdictions in which it conducts business;
- Are transparent in their dealings with Us and maintain accurate financial books and business records in accordance with all legal requirements and accepted accounting practices;
- Do not subcontract their obligations to Us without Our consent. Suppliers shall not act as a representative or agent of, or as an intermediary appointed by, the ultimate supplier without prior notification to Us in writing. Suppliers who act as a representative or intermediary shall ensure that payments made by Us for services rendered by the ultimate supplier are made expeditiously to the ultimate supplier; and
- Comply with all applicable law and regulations in the countries and jurisdictions in which they operate.